In here are - carrot walnut cupcakes, bread pudding and Gift From The Kitchen Book
Brilliant food gifts ideas
I love this. Shabbymom's homemade breadpudding. Perfect. And I still have 3 big slices in the fridge. I'm going to eat it with whip cream. Yes! weekend is for bingeing.
I served them my Hailam Chicken Rice. They loved it. As usual we had our tea at our favorite place, the terrace. Perfect weather and the kids are not 'shy-shy' anymore. They're running around making themselves home and they know where I stock my biscuits. Hahaha.. I wish they could stay overnight .
OK as requested, here is the recipe for the chicken rice.
Ingredients for Chicken & Rice
- 1 whole chicken (cleaned and drained)
- 2 cm ginger (crushed)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- a dash of sesame oil
- 1 bulb garlic & 2 shallots (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 440g fragrant rice (washed & drained)
- 1 daun pandan
Ingredients for 'Kuah Kicap'
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon light soya sauce (kicap cair)
- 200ml chicken stock
Mix these ingredients together. I suggest you double this recipe becos this is the 'killer' kuah. You would need more than a bowl of this.
Ingredients for Sauce - blend together all these :-
- 100g chopped ginger
- 50g chopped garlic
- 50g chopped shallots
- 200g chopped chillies
- 5 kasturi limes (juice extracted)
- 1 teaspoon tomato sauce
- sugar and salt to taste
- Boil sufficient water to cover chicken. Add in crushed ginger and salt. Simmer gently.
- Lower heat and add in chicken. Leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and immerse in cold water for 20 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Heat oil and saute the chopped garlic and shallots until fragrant. Add in rice and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer rice to rice cooker. Pour in the chicken broth. Put in daun pandan. Leave until rice is cooked.
- Brush chicken with sesame oil.
- This is my additional step : Roast in the oven at 250C for 40min. Don't forget to turn over.
- Cut chicken into sections. Pour 'kuah kicap' all over chicken. Serve the rice with the sauce.