Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ice Cream Pudding

I wanna share a new recipe I tried yesterday. It's been sitting around in my favourite cookbook without me noticing just because puddings aren't in my wheelhouse right now. But the recipe name just caught me, Ice Cream Pudding. Ice cream? Eh, sedap kali ni kan. I gave it a try. It's easy, it's done in minutes (or maybe, it is always easy, I just never knew). And it's yummy. It's not out of this world yummy but it's good. You know I reckon, it's perfect for exchanging juadah sungkai in Ramadhan, you can prepare it way before hand. Naah..punya awal berfikir pasal juadah sungkai, bayar puasa pun belum,...

So, here's the recipe :


Ingredients :
10g agar-agar powder
500 ml water
300 ml evaporated milk
100g palm sugar
4 tablespoon custard powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 eggs
100 ml fruit syrup (from canned fruit)
200 ml vanilla ice cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
canned cocktail fruits for garnishing

Directions
Stir agar-agar powder, water and evaporated milk over medium heat till all agar-agar dissolves.
Add in palm sugar and mix till boiling.
In a bowl, combine custard powder, vanilla essence, eggs and fruit syrup.
Strain egg mixture into milk mixture. Stir till mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
Mix in the ice cream and salt. Combine well.
Wet a 1.2 litre pudding mould with water. Pour mixture into mould.
 (So you've got to have that pretty shaped mould to get the same presentation)
Allow mixture to set before refrigerating.
Turn out pudding onto a serving platter. Garnish with fruits.

3 comments:

val said...

m mana gambar selepas dibikin.mcm senangkan! hahahahahah ini kali lah ayat magik

fabmom said...

hehe..statement confident..tapi mmg senang.betul.x payah pakai air pandan, pewarna itu ini..agar2 pun sikit saja 10g. kejadian dia exactly macam gambar, jgn susah.

Unknown said...

My favourite ni, especially kalau ada sos sekali. Malangnye aku tiada all the nice jelly molds. Hv to get some.