Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Do

Hello all. How's your Mother's Day?

At the risk of boring you with yet another makan story, I'm going to share our Mother's Day celebration last night.
It was not really planned. We lacked idea where to bring MIL. We ended up at Sutera Marina, after the kids had their swimming. But instead of the usual Marina restaurant , we headed to Spice Island upstairs. A nice quiet restaurant, traditionally set.

The mommies in hubby's family - me, my MIL and my SIL.




The table has interesting setting. Wooden crafted bowl of dried spice and miniature old-style tricycle carrying a little bag of chips for appetizers. For drinks, we were served a complimentary 'jamu' of tea infused with serai, halia, madu and nutmeg. Nice. I think I'm gonna try it at home (S & V ! mau ka kamu tea party nanti aku serve ini! wakakakakkaa!!!)


Our menu. Hubby's pick. Nasi beriyani bakar topped with roti nan-(this one is interesting and sedap as well. Inside the nasi, there's all kinds of stuffs! ayam, lamb,udang,telur puyuh!) . The rest of our menu - Sotong sumbat, sayur manis and chicken tikka. All very tasty. Tidak banyak kami order. Hubby's side not as 'pemakan' as ours...hehe..kalau kami nda cukup tu. The last time we were here (me& hubby), I got crazy with this one dish - ikan masak minang. Punyaaa sedaaap. And the portion is a lot. I recommend you this one. But we didn't order this time cos the type of fish they use is not in my MIL's list of edible fish. She's picky with fish. To top that, she doesn't take meat. Any kind. So only seafood for her, and selective ones.


And these are what I got from my children. It seems the daughter continues to be the most creative one. But I appreciate each their thoughts all the same.

4 comments:

whimsical said...

so very very sweet Julia punya ucapan!!!! The teh boleh bah kita mencuba sesuatu yg baru (sekali sekala kan!). Patut ka kita tukar our regular lunch pi restoren ini? Sila jawap

fabmom said...

hahahah!!! ready to upgrade sudah? bah nanti kita 'bincang'.

Shabbymom said...

wakakakahhhh!!!!...mun jenis rangka...rangka tah jua kannnn.....tapi perlu dibincangkan semasa minum pagi di Tenom!!!!!!!

Anies Azeera said...

Happy Mother's day fabmom.